Monday, October 4, 2010

Birthday Wishes!


Today my Grandpa Hunt turns 88 years old! What an accomplishment! :0) I talked to him on the phone today, and we had a wonderful time laughing and talking together. Even though my grandpa is battling with Alzheimers disease, he still knows how to laugh and have fun! We have always had a special relationship, and would often find ourselves laughing together over anything and everything. As I reflect back on my grandpa's life, a lot of things come to mind. First and foremost however, is the fact that his Jesus was always (and still is) precious to him. Often, as he sang specials in church, he would have tears coursing down his cheeks as he sang about his Jesus.
Most men retire at a ripe old age of 65...not my grandpa! He worked until he was 80 or 81 years old... never a lazy bone in his body, and would hardly ever take a rest. There was always time for cookies, however... :0) He still enjoys treats now and then, whenever he gets them. (Runs in the family) :0)
My grandparents set a beautiful example of a godly lives and marriage before their daughter; and she then has passed that heritage on to her children. I am greatly blessed to have such a beautiful, sweet, and godly heritage! Even though now, my grandpa can't always remember things like he used to due to his Alzheimers, there is no doubt in my mind that he loves Jesus and will someday join my grandma at His feet! I love you grandpa!! Happy 88th Birthday! :0)

No comments: