Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Summer Highlights

It's been FOREVER since I've posted on here, but rest assured, I'm still here! :0) This summer has been one wild ride, and we have been so incredibly busy that my dear blog has had to go by the wayside...however, now that summer is over MAYBE I will once again have the time to keep my blogger friends up-to-date with our crazy life! :0)

As I mentioned in my last post, most of our summer has been occupied with Vacation Bible Schools. We started off the summer by doing my home church (Barberton Bible Holiness) in June, and had a wonderful group of kiddos there. We always enjoy doing their VBS and are SO THANKFUL for all the wonderful helpers that always pitch in wherever they're needed! Those helpers include my wonderful parents who pitched in right along side us; playing the piano, getting involved in the puppet show, encouraging us, and providing a place for us to stay while there! Made us feel right at home! ;0)

Next was my hubby's home church (Indiana Wesleyan Methodist). This was the first year we have done a VBS for them there so that was an interesting experience for both of us I'm sure! :0) Thank you to my in-laws for letting us camp out at their house that week too! :0) Always nice to be "at home" while away from home! Also, we so appreciate their Pastor (Rev. Joe Smith) and wife.

August was a whirlwind month... We started off the month by doing the children services for the Bible Holiness Church family camp in St. Mary's, Ohio. We had a good group of kids to work with there and were thrilled at the great job they did for the program! And...might I add... a SPECIAL thank you to a lady from my home church, Susie, for all the help building, painting, and transporting our props for us this year!! There is no doubt that we couldn't have done this without her help!!!

The following week found us at our conference camp meeting in Stoneboro, Pa. Camp meeting is always a busy time for us as we try to pitch in and help out with some odd jobs around the grounds.

When we arrived home from our camp meeting, we had our churches VBS! By this time, I will admit, we were a little weary in well-doing... However, the Lord helped us once again to deliver the message of "Living the Sweet Life" with Jesus. We we're also excited to see a few new faces among our regular attenders! Normally, we would have ended our VBS with a Program that Sunday morning. However, nature had other things in store for us and we had a Hurricane instead which knocked out our power for 5 days! What a way to "end" our summer! :0) Aren't you glad that our Father in Heaven knows what lies ahead for us and will take us through if we just keep our little hand in his?

This concludes the brief overview of our crazy summer... As promised, I WILL be posting pictures of all of our Vacation Bible Schools SOON!! Check back soon for an update!

No comments: