Monday, March 22, 2010

Just a little thought...

For those of you who know me well, you know that I'm not one to just LOVE to discuss theology and such; however, I'm going to get a little philosophical/theological on you for a few moments...
A thought came to me while I was getting dressed for the day this morning... I was planning on wearing one of my favorite outfits (aka a jean skirt and a comfy top), when my husband suggested I wear another outfit. My immediate response was at first, "but I was really wanting to wear "this" today..."; however, because of my LOVE for my husband, I gladly wore the outfit that he wanted me to wear. This whole exchange got me thinking about my "Heavenly Bridegroom" so to speak, and how I wear the things that please HIM, NOT because it's a standard that my CHURCH upholds, but because I LOVE HIM and want to PLEASE HIM in everything I do, including my dress. It's not a matter of HAVING TO, it's a matter of WANTING TO because I know it pleases my Heavenly Father. It wasn't hard for me to wear the outfit that pleased my husband, in fact, it gave me pleasure knowing that I had done something to please him. In the same way, it's not a drudgery to wear, act, and do those things that please my "HEAVENLY BRIDEGROOM"! It is an absolute JOY! I am happy serving my King, and want no other life...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Great post! There's hope for you yet! ;-)