Monday, February 14, 2011

True Love

Since it's Valentine's Day, I most certainly could write a very mushy post...however, I won't put you all through that... :0) I do, however, want to write about what I believe is true love. In a world that is fast losing ( and maybe lost completely) its sense of morality and true love; I am blessed to be married to a man who first of all loves the Lord with all of his heart. It is because of that "first love" that he is then able to love me the way God has intended from the beginning. I believe that if we have not learned the meaning of true love from our Heavenly Father, who loved us so much He gave His very Sons' life's blood to save us; we are not able to love in the very truest sense of the meaning. Not many of us would be willing to sacrifice our only beloved child for the sake of someone who hated and despised us; but that is exactly what God did in sending His "only begotten Son" into this wicked world to die on a cruel cross for our sins. That, is TRUE LOVE. In that familiar, yet powerful verse from the Bible-John 3:16: "For God SO LOVED the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life", we see the message of TRUE LOVE.

No comments: