Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Look Into the Mirror

This past tuesday night was our first Women's Bible study. We had 5 ladies, including myself, that were able to attend. We are going to be doing it once a month, Lord willing, and are looking forward to many good studies! Since it was my brainstorm that we begin these, I figured it was only fair that I do the first one. We will be taking turns (different ladies in the Church) each month so that the responsibility will not lay on any one persons shoulders. This month's topic was "The Virtuous Woman" from Proverbs 31. I titled my outline, "A Look into the Mirror", thus the title of this post. Due to questions and discussion, we only got to point 4 of my 12 point outline... but that' good!!! :0) That means we weren't just breezing through an outline, but actually studying! :0) So due to the fact that we didn't finish this month, I will be in charge next month as well. I pray that this time of studying the Word together as women will be a growing time for us all. In our world today there are so many things vying(sp?) for our attention that it is sometimes hard for us to find a time when we can just get quiet before the Lord. I don't mean to infer that this Bible study takes the place of our personal devotions time, however, it is just another opportunity to set aside a special time to spend with Him. Please pray for us as we endeavor to study the Word; and as we learn what He expects from us as godly women.

No comments: