Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mix it up!

If you're like me, you don't always have all of the ingredients that these nice casseroles and delicious dishes call for. So you end up going out and buying them just for that specific recipe. Well, I quit doing that sometime ago, and just open my fridge, look and see what's there, and make something out of it... dangerous, I know... ;0) Actually though, I've had some good "luck" with it so far...I thought I would share one such recipe with you on here, so in case you forgot to pick up some groceries, you can use what you have! :0) This one is a Turkey Vegetable casserole. Pretty much your whole meal in one dish. Makes it nice and easy!

Approx. 2 cups of Turkey
1 can of Cream of chicken soup (or any cream soup)
1 Bag of frozen mixed vegetables
Chunks of velveeta cheese (approx. 18-20 1 inch cubes)
Add some seasonings to taste
Sprinkle on top with Italian Bread Crumbs

In a small casserole dish:

Layer 1: Turkey
Layer 2: Frozen vegetables
Layer 3: Chunks of Velveeta
Layer 4: Cream of Chicken soup
Layer 5: seasonings and bread crumbs
*This makes enough for 4 if they don't have seconds! ;0) For two people, you will be full and have leftovers for tomorrow!

Add some dinner rolls and a salad and Wah-Lah! :0) I hope you enjoy it if you try it. We did! :0)

No comments: