Monday, January 24, 2011

Preserving our Holiness Heritage

Recently I have begun to realize what an incredible Holiness Heritage I have. I grew up with parents who not only loved me, and provided the essentials along with a lot of extras for me; but they made sure that I knew the most important things in life. They taught me values, morals, and Biblical principles. However, they didn't just teach those things to me, they lived them out before me on a daily basis. I have begun to realize that many of our teenagers that are growing up within our Holiness movement today are struggling because they haven't been taught the reasons for WHY we do what we do, or dress like we dress etc. The biggest reasons why they haven't been taught that is because their parents don't know either. How sad!! It is IMPERITIVE that we are not only mere followers in the Holiness way but that we are able to explain it. The Bible says in I Peter 3:15 "...and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear." We are to be able to explain to others what we believe. I would like to challenge you today, if you are reading this post, to get into the Word and discover the WHY'S of our Holiness Heritage. It isn't just a bunch of rules and regulations. There is Scripture to back it up, and the principles are there if we are willing and open before God. If we want to preserve our Holiness Heritage, we must first understand it and believe it ourselves.

No comments: