Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

We wanted to wish our mother's a very Happy Mother's Day...since we are not able to be with either one of them on this special day, due to the duties of a pastor, we wanted to let them know how special they really are...

There is no greater profession (nor one that requires more work, patience, or love) than motherhood...while I am not a mother myself, I have watched my own mother over the past 20 years of my life; and know that there is much sacrifice and love put into this "job"... In our world today, the idea of being a self-sacrificing mother has gone by the wayside ( or is at least considered obsolete). However, I believe that I am who I am today because of the time and energy my mother put into my growing up years. There are just some things that can't be taught in school...you just have to learn them at home from a loving and nuturing "mommy". My mother has set a godly example for me all of my life, and if the Lord sees fit to bless our home with children some day, I can only hope to be half the mother my mom has been to me. I love you mom!

While my husband is not one to get on here and blog, I know he also will echo my sentiments toward his own mother. They have supported him throughout all of his college years; and been by him during all the rough days that he has faced. We are so privileged to have family who love us and support us in prayer! The Lord has truly blessed us abundantly and we give Him all the praise, for He is worthy!

We love you mom's! Happy Mother's Day from your kids in Virginia! :0)

No comments: