Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanksgiving Thanks

Since its Thanksgiving this coming week I thought I'd list a few things I'm thankful for... First of all, my relationship with my Savior...Without Him there would be no real purpose in life. He has blessed us so much and I can never express how thankful I am for that...Also, my wonderful husband who understands me and puts up with all my craziness; my awesome family who is so supportive (both in prayer and otherwise) and loving(that includes both of our families); our precious church people who have been a great blessing to us over the past months; Great friends who have been there when we've needed to chat and pour out our frustrations...and the list could go on and on...we have so much to be thankful for don't we? Why do we wait until this one time of year to express it?! I'm just as guilty as the rest...but hopefully I'll be giving thanks a whole lot more frequently this year... The Lord is so good! ...... "Oh give thanks unto the Lord for HE IS GOOD!"

2 comments:

Barbara said...

NICE blog, Joanna. You don't know me, but Lori is my nieghbor here is Salem and my kids go to "her" school and we go to the same church. I cooked @ AWC one year while Luke was there and have fond memories of packing "sack lunches" for the ministerial group when they would travel to Princeton for a long weekend. God bless you both there in King William. Barb Sannes

Anonymous said...

Hello Joanna and Luke. Luke knows me but this will be the first for me to greet you Joanna and say congratulations. My name is Wendy Harris (now Harbison) I went to school with Luke many, many years ago and would consider myself good friends with the LaVan family. I found your blog and Love to keep up to date on your beautiful life together. I actually stumbled across a picture of Luke on Facebook (long story) and was wondering if you would like me to send it to you. My email address is wendylynn62684@hotmail.com.